Trust Chairman stands down
By Slough Town Supporters Trust, Nov 11 2019 07:59PM
The Slough Town Supporters Trust can announce that chairman Mike Lightfoot stood down from his position at last week's AGM. Vice chairman Dan Brench has taken over as interim chairman as a result.
Mike had been chairman since the Trust changed to its current setup in 2003, and we would like to place on record our gratitude for the amount of time and effort he has put into the role. He has consistently filled the role not just of chairman but covering the duties of both secretary and treasurer as well as various other jobs involved in making the Trust the success that it it is today.
The Trust still urgently requires a secretary. Details of the voluntary role can be found below. If you're interested in taking on this role, please get in touch with us by email or by visiting our gazebo on a matchday. This role requires filling as a priority. There will also be a vacancy on the Trust board.
Job description for voluntary secretary role is as follows, but not limited to:
- Must attend all Board meetings and take minutes for circulation to Trust directors. Please note that the secretary does not have to be a member of the Trust board.
- Arrange meetings as required and venue if needed.
- Prepare documentation. Agenda, Minutes of previous meeting and any other documents required for each Director.
- Keep and file a copy of each document for future reference.
- Keep the membership register up to date (this can be delegated to the membership secretary)
- Make sure that the documents required by the Financial Control Authority (F.C.A.) are prepared and emailed in good time after the AGM.
- Assist each Trust director as required.
Hi. I would be interested in the secretary role subject to having a better overview and understanding of the commitment needed. Have no concerns over the requirements involved and would be happy to support the club. I am away until next week but can email
Richard Kendall current member
Hi any update