Season Review and Awards
By Slough Town Supporters Trust, May 10 2020 08:59AM
Following the Club's online presentation evening last night, we'd like to congratulate our award winners. Winning the Supporters' Player of the Season, following our head to head tournament of voting, was Matt Lench. The Chris Sliski Clubperson of the Season award was given to Bim Elliot, who at the age of 93 shows amazing commitment to the Club including being a regular on the supporters coaches.
We'd like to thank everyone who has joined the Trust, travelled on our coaches, or contributed in other ways to support the work of the Trust. Keep an eye out on our social media later in the summer for our new year of membership. Once it is safe to do so we'll be back doing what we do best.
Here's some of our highlights from the season:
- Membership of around 195, which is a drop on last year, but still quite good
- £3500 paid to the Club to sponsor match filming and Trust advertising board at Arbour Park, as part of a £5000 package to support and promote the Club
- £400 sponsorship of Farnham Royal Cricket Club Colts team
- printed all season tickets at no cost to the Club
- Sponsored two sets of school kits for Priory and Ryvers Schools
- continued to sponsor Rebels Radio where needed
- supported the Club in hosting the National League Trust U11s Cup Local and Regional rounds, and had been due to do the same for the South area final
- paid out £1300 to Sponsored Walk charity Pit Stop Slough, and established connections with new walk charity Aik Saath, particularly their young careers project
- £600 sponsorship of Slough Ladies team tracksuit trousers
- successful Christmas draw raising approximately £1000 for the Trust
- continued successful running of the Trust coaches to away matches