The first ever Slough Town Open foot golf event, held at the designated foot golf course at Richings Park Golf Club on Saturday 1st July.
Nine teams took part in the event which was split into the ‘Pro’ category of 5 teams containing foot golfer from the circuit, and the ‘Community’ category of 4 teams. After registration and a teams briefing, the teams headed out to the first tee for a group photo on the Space Station first tee. The teams were then sent out every few minutes to start their 18 hole round, starting with the Pro teams and then the Community teams. A couple of hours later after a fun and challenging round for all, the final team returned to the clubhouse for the awards presentation.
The par score for the course is 70. A closest to the pin competition was held on the second hole with some Nandos vouchers as prizes. The Individual score awards were rewarded with trophies and the Team score awards were a trophy with medals for each player.
The event raised money for the Reminiscent Room project at Wexham Park Hospital which will be added to the funds from the 2017 Sponsored Walk. £45 was raised from the team fees, with another £50 being added from the sponsorship of Space Station Storage – the team that won the competition for entry fees pulled out of the event so the money goes to the charity instead.
We received some very positive feedback on the event and everyone had a great time in what is an active, fun and social activity. The Slough Town Open will return in 2018, although it may be at a different time of year, potentially towards the end of the 2017-18 season on a Sunday, so keep an eye out for the confirmed date later in the year.
Thank you to Mark Scotchford and Richings Park FootGolf for their support and organisation, to Monster Shop and Space Station for their sponsorship, and to all the teams for entering and making the event a success.
Photos will be available from HorshamRebel.co.uk soon and there will also be some on our Facebook page of the teams and group photos.
Slough Town Open 2017 Awards:
- Closest to the Pin Pro: Daryl North (Monster Shop Legends)
- Closest to the Pin Community: Davin Samms (Two Left Feet)
- Best Individual Pro Score: Dan Lee (Monster Shop Legends) 57 (actual winner was Mark Scotchford of team Stephen Hawkins Football Boots with 53 but the award was passed on to the next best)
- Best Individual Pro Score: Onno Wijnen (Slouch Potatoes) 71 (ties with Dean Griffiths of Two Left Feet and Tomas Ducar of Team Slovakia but wins on countback with best back 9 score of 33)
- Best Team Pro Score: Monster Shop Legends 175 (best 3 scores)
- Best Team Community Score: Two Left Feet 218 (best 3 scores)
Final Leaderboard (best 3 scores per team):
- 1st Pro - Monster Shop Legends 175
- 2nd Pro - Stephen Hawkins Football Boots 192
- Tied 3rd Pro – Team Slovakia, Dude Where’s My Par?, Richings Rejects 196
- 1st Community – Two Left Feet 218
- Ties 2nd Community – Unprofessionals, Slouch Potatoes (Lego Slough) 223
- 4th Community – Tee Birds (Lego Slough) 311